Bed bugs are one of the most dreaded pests for Houston homeowners because they are disgusting and invasive. These pests are tiny bloodsuckers that bite homeowners while they are sleeping and can be hard to identify and remove.
Bed bugs are quite small, but knowing what they look like is helpful and can be useful in identifying an infestation early on. The main characteristics of bed bugs include:
- That they are a red-brown color
- That they have oval-shaped bodies
- That they are about the size of an apple seed
- That they are usually flat but round after they’ve eaten
Bed bug problems can become a huge issue quickly as they are adept at hiding and can easily spread from room to room. Since they tend to hide in places like mattresses and beds while people are sleeping, they can make it difficult to rest. Many homeowners want to remove them as quickly as possible so they often try to get rid of bed bug problems on their own.
While there are many reasons why Houston homeowners try to remove bed bugs on their own, one of the most common is to save money. While it might seem like do-it-yourself bed bug removal is cost-effective, this is rarely the case.
Why DIY Methods Of Bed Bug Removal Aren’t Cheaper
When faced with a bed bug problem, homeowners tend to look for methods to remove these pesky bloodsuckers on their own. Some of the most common bed bug removal options that they turn to include:
- Buying pesticides
- Using bed bug traps
- Creating at-home kill chambers
- Treating individual items that have been infested
While the cost of each of these methods varies depending on the extent of the situation and the size of the home, these costs can add up more quickly than you might think. Even pesticides can end up costing over a hundred dollars especially as you have to keep buying more as the infestation isn’t completely removed from a single round.
The biggest reason why do-it-yourself methods aren’t cost-effective is that they don’t work very well. You’ll end up buying more and more products as the infestations keep returning. Trying to remove bed bugs on your own is also not time effective, and you’ll likely end up feeling aggravated as no matter what you do the bed bugs keep coming back.
Why Professional Bed Bug Services Are More Affordable
At GreenForce Pest Solutions, we provide comprehensive bed bug removal programs that save you money because of their effectiveness. Instead of wasting time, effort, and cash trying to remove bed bugs on your own, our expert technicians can remove every single bed bug so they won’t keep coming back.
- First, we start with an inspection that involves assessing the extent of the infestation and which areas need to be targeted most intently.
- Second, we will thoroughly apply bed bug treatments using a variety of methods with a focus on areas where bed bugs tend to hide to ensure that all the bed bugs in your home are eliminated.
- Third, we provide follow-up inspections quarterly where we throughout check for any bed bug issues. If necessary, we will reapply treatments during these visits.
Get Effective Bed Bug Protection
If you’ve noticed any signs of a bed bug infestation, the most effective and efficient way to remove them is to contact the pest control professionals at GreenForce Pest Solutions. We are a family-owned and operated business that has over 40 years of experience, and our affordable bed bug control solutions will get rid of bed bugs and keep them away. Contact us today to get started.